Articulating Jib Cranes
Crane Rotation: freestanding & ceiling/bridge mounted: 360°
Wall-Mounted: 200° for inner arm, 360° for outer arm
Spans: up to 16’
Capacities: from 150 to 2000 lbs
Spanco Articulating Jib Cranes can lift loads around corners and columns, reach into or under machinery and containers, and service virtually any point between the pivot anchor and the far reach of the boom.
Our articulating jibs can be mounted on your floor, wall, ceiling, or bridge crane to best suit your needs. These jib cranes support nearly any type of manipulator, balancer, or hoist.
Exclusive Crane Features
Spanco Articulating Jib Cranes offer more headroom — more clearance, both below and above the boom—than any other brand of articulating jib cranes. Their outstanding headroom permits them to be installed in tight locations, such as low ceilings or crowded shops.
Plus, Spanco, Inc. is the only manufacturer to offer internally piped air power in its articulating jib cranes.
Options for SPANCO Articulating Jib Cranes
- Electrification (to any device supported on the end of the boom)
- Internal piping (for compressed air within the articulating boom)
- Support for vacuum lifters
- Rotation stops
Products covered under the 10-Year Warranty:
- Manual Steel Freestanding and Ceiling Mounted Workstation Bridge Cranes, and Monorails
- Manual Aluminum (Alu-Track®) Workstation Bridge Cranes and Monorails
- Manual Jib Cranes (I-Beam, Articulating, and Workstation Jib Cranes)
What the 10-Year Warranty covers:
- Defects in Equipment material and workmanship
- Wearable parts (end truck and trolley wheels only)
Spanco, Inc. (“Spanco”) warrants the Equipment and wearable end truck and trolley wheels only, to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years or 20,000 hours (whichever occurs first), commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail purchaser (“Purchaser”). This Warranty does not extend to Equipment which has been subject to misuse, use in excess of rated capacity, negligent operation, use beyond Spanco's published service factors, improper installation or maintenance, and does not apply to any Equipment which has been repaired or altered without Spanco's written authorization. Written notice of any claimed defect must be given to Spanco within thirty (30) days after such defect is discovered. Spanco's obligation, and Purchaser's sole remedy under this Warranty is limited to, at Spanco's discretion, the replacement or repair of the Equipment at Spanco's factory or at a location approved by Spanco. Purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to the repair or replacement of the Equipment. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE EQUIPMENT AND MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Spanco shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for any indirect, special or consequential damages including, but not limited to, lost profits, increased operating costs or loss of production. This Warranty shall not extend to any components or accessories not manufactured by Spanco (such as casters), and Purchaser's remedy for such components and accessories shall be determined by the terms and conditions of any warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All motorized Spanco products come with a 1-Year Warranty on drive components.
General Design Standards:
Spanco cranes are designed in conformance with the following applicable standards:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and MMA MH27.2
- Gantry Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.2/D1.6, and CMAA 74
- Jib Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and CMAA 74
All Spanco cranes have a design factor of 15% of the allowable capacity for the weight of the hoist and 25% for impact.
All welding performed during the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the American Welding Society’s (AWS) D1.1/D1.2/D1.6 Standards.
Spanco, Inc. is officially certified as an AWS Certified Welding Fabricator (CWF). This means that not only are all welders AWS Certified, but all processes and procedures adhere to AWS CWF requirements. Examples of requirements include annual calibration of all welding machines and Level 2 visual inspections on all load-bearing components.
All steel used in the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the following applicable ASTM International specifications:
Structural Steel Shapes: ASTM A-36
Structural Steel Pipes: ASTM A-53
Structural Steel Tubing: ASTM A-500
Steel plate and round bar used in Spanco cranes have minimum yield strengths of 36 KSI.
Surface Preparation & Painting Procedures:
Spanco adheres to the standards of the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) for all product surface preparation. Prior to painting, all Spanco crane components are deburred and descaled using power tools equipped with sanding discs and wire wheels. Components are then washed utilizing a high-pressure/high temperature biodegradable degreaser solution. Parts are wiped clean and allowed to dry before the painting process. During painting, all components surfaces are coated with a quick drying, semi-gloss enamel, applied to a minimum dry-film thickness of 2 to 3 mils. A finishing coat is applied with a hot, airless, electrostatic spray paint system. Painted components are cured at air temperature.
The following guidelines for deflection and stress are followed by Spanco engineers during the crane design process:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: All models designed to L/450
- Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted Cantilever (300 Series) models designed to L/150, Freestanding (100, 101, and 102 Series), Mast Style (200 Series), and Wall-Mounted Bracket (301 Series) models design to L/450
- Workstation Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted (WC Series) models designed to L/225, Freestanding (FR Series) models designed to L/150
- Gantry Cranes: All steel series models to L/600, Aluminum models to L/450
Spanco, Inc. is an ISO 9001-2008 Registered corporation. This means that Spanco cranes are manufactured to standards ensuring safety, reliability, and the highest quality. Spanco, Inc.’s ISO designation also allows for continuous improvement based on customer feedback.
- Inspect entire system annually or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179. Inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not in any way designed for lifting, supporting, or transporting humans. Failure to follow specified load limitations can result in serious bodily injury or death.
- The rated load of the hoist as marked on the hoist must not exceed the rated capacity of the jib as labeled on the boom. Do not install a hoist with a capacity greater than that of the jib.
- It is solely the customer’s responsibility to provide suitable mounting supports for the jib crane. Spanco recommends that the customer consult a qualified professional architect or engineer in your local area to determine the adequacy of the building support. There should be no deviation form the recommended foundation size or installation recommendations without first consulting a qualified professional. Failure to check this item can result in severe bodily injury or death.
- Do not impact end stops at speed.
- Do not use end stops for repetitive boom impacts.
- To prevent trolley from running off of the boom, do not operate crane without end stop bolt firmly secured in place on the end of the boom.