Enclosed Track Tractor Drives
Capacities: up to 2 tons
Travel Speeds: single-speed: 34, 50, or 75 FPM; additional speeds available
Track Compatibility: Compatible with Spanco Enclosed Track only
By adding a Spanco TrackBoss™ Enclosed Track Tractor Drive to your crane system, you can motorize the pushing, pulling, and positioning of overhead loads:
- Convert your push-pull manual bridge cranes to power-driven cranes.
- Convert your monorail systems from manual to power.
- Convert your push-type manual trolley hoists to motor-driven trolleys.
TrackBoss Tractor Drives are particularly useful for workstation cranes when the operator can’t stand next to the load because of obstacles, such as large production machinery or worktables.
Our tractor drives can also speed up cycle times when moving heavier loads, larger loads, or awkwardly shaped loads. Additional applications include workstation cranes with longer spans, or wherever manual movement of loads is challenging.
TrackBoss Tractor Drive Features
- Standard 208 to 575V, 60 Hz, 3-phase power
- Designed per ANSI/MMA MH27.2
- Electric or air motors
- Controls: single or two speed push-button
- Wheels with permanently lubricated, sealed bearings
- Drive design style: worm gear reducer
- Connection: tow bar mounting clevis
- One-year warranty
TrackBoss Drive Options
- Additional speeds available, from 34 to 120 FPM
- Explosion proof controls
- Spark-resistant wheels
- Variable frequency drives
- Weather-resistant upgrades
There are no case studies for this product. View all case studies for Spanco crane systems.
Products covered under the One-Year Warranty:
All motorized products (Motorized Workstation Bridge Cranes, Jib Cranes, and Gantry Cranes, Retrofit Jib Drives, and Beam and Enclosed Track Tractor Drives)
- Defects in equipment material and workmanship
Spanco, Inc. warrants motorized equipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year or 2,000 hours, commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail purchaser. This warranty does not cover defective equipment or system failure caused by misuse, negligence, improper installation or maintenance, or equipment that has been used in excess of its rated capacity or beyond its service factors. It does not apply to equipment that has been altered without Spanco’s written authorization.
Written notice of any claimed system defect must be given to Spanco within thirty days of discovery. Spanco's obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of Spanco’s products at the factory or separate location approved by Spanco. The purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to equipment repair or replacement. Other than the abovementioned warranty, Spanco will not honor any other warranties—whether express, implied, or statutory—and disclaims any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Spanco is not liable—under any circumstances—for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including but not limited to lost profits, increased operating costs, or loss of production.
This warranty does not extend to components or accessories not manufactured by Spanco. The purchaser’s remedy for such components and accessories will be determined by the terms and conditions of any the warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All manual Spanco products come with a Ten-Year Warranty on non-wearable parts.
- Inspect entire system annually or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179. Inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- Never attempt to work on or adjust the electrical functions of this system unless you are a certified industrial electrician.
- Working on or adjusting the electrical functions of this system by anyone other than a certified industrial electrician will void the warranty.
- Never use a crane as electrical ground. A separate ground wire and ground path is required for all electrical installations.
- Read and understand the Operation Manual before operating this equipment.
- OSHA Lock-out Tag-out procedures must be followed before performing any adjustments or maintenance on this equipment.
- Never transport humans with any power drive.
- Never operate this system without all safety guards in place.
- Never modify power drive system or system components without express written consent from Spanco.
- Modification of this system will void the warranty.
- Never operate a power drive without end stops installed on tracks.
- Never side load a power drive.
- All unusual noises and unusual drive operations must be immediately identified and corrected.