Industrial Tripod Cranes
Tripod Capacities: 1 or 2 tons
Height (to eyebolt): from 5’-2” to 13’-9”
Tripod Construction: steel or aluminum
Spanco Industrial Tripod Cranes provide mobile, heavy-lifting solutions almost anywhere, including tight spaces and outdoor locations without overhead structures, cranes, or forklift access.
For fast height adjustment, the tripod’s telescoping legs are independently adjustable in 6-inch increments, which is also ideal for set-up on uneven surfaces. The tripod’s free swiveling eyebolt hangs plumb to protect the tripod head from twists and strains, while keeping the lifting device plumb.
Spanco Tripod Features
- Spanco tripod cranes can be used on all hard surfaces using our standard aluminum flat feet.
- You can also order your tripod with mud feet for soft ground. The mud feet have integral spikes to firmly entrench the legs, plus a wide flange to prevent the legs from sinking into the ground. For maximum flexibility on all surfaces, order both types of tripod feet.
- Our cable lashing kit (included with all orders) keeps the tripod’s legs from spreading. The cable also indicates the proper spacing of the legs.
- Quick, easy setup: includes collapsible tripod legs for portability and storage; no disassembly required.
- One and two-ton capacities available in both steel and aluminum.
Options for spanco tripod cranes
- Mud feet for use on soft ground; interchangeable with flat feet.
There are no case studies for this product. View all case studies for Spanco crane systems.
Products covered under the Ten-Year Warranty:
- Manual Steel Freestanding, Ceiling Mounted Workstation Bridge Cranes, and Monorails
- Manual Aluminum (Alu-Track®) Workstation Bridge Cranes and Monorails
- Manual Jib Cranes (I-Beam, Articulating, and Workstation Jib Cranes)
- Manual Gantry Cranes and Tripods
What the Ten-Year Warranty covers:
- Defects in equipment material and workmanship
- Wearable parts (workstation bridge crane end trucks and hoist trolley wheels only)
Spanco, Inc. warrants its manual workstation bridge crane products, jib crane products, and gantry crane products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years or 20,000 hours, commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail purchaser. This warranty extends to non-wearable parts only, with the exception of the wheels supplied on manually operated workstation end trucks and hoist trolleys. This warranty does not cover defective equipment or system failure caused by misuse, negligence, improper installation or maintenance, or equipment that has been used in excess of its rated capacity or beyond its service factors. It does not apply to equipment that has been altered without Spanco’s written authorization.
Written notice of any claimed system defect must be given to Spanco within thirty days of discovery. Spanco's obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of Spanco’s products at the factory or separate location approved by Spanco. The purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to equipment repair or replacement. Other than the abovementioned warranty, Spanco will not honor any other warranties—whether express, implied, or statutory—and disclaims any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Spanco is not liable—under any circumstances—for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including but not limited to lost profits, increased operating costs, or loss of production.
This warranty does not extend to components or accessories not manufactured by Spanco. The purchaser’s remedy for such components and accessories will be determined by the terms and conditions of any the warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All motorized Spanco products come with a One-Year Warranty on drive components.
General Design Standards:
Spanco cranes are designed in conformance with the following applicable standards:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and MMA MH27.2
- Gantry Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.2/D1.6, and CMAA 74
- Jib Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and CMAA 74
All Spanco cranes have a design factor of 15% of the allowable capacity for the weight of the hoist and 25% for impact.
All welding performed during the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the American Welding Society’s (AWS) D1.1/D1.2/D1.6 Standards.
Spanco, Inc. is officially certified as an AWS Certified Welding Fabricator (CWF). This means that not only are all welders AWS Certified, but all processes and procedures adhere to AWS CWF requirements. Examples of requirements include annual calibration of all welding machines and Level 2 visual inspections on all load-bearing components.
All steel used in the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the following applicable ASTM International specifications:
Structural Steel Shapes: ASTM A-36
Structural Steel Pipes: ASTM A-53
Structural Steel Tubing: ASTM A-500
Steel plate and round bar used in Spanco cranes have minimum yield strengths of 36 KSI.
Surface Preparation & Painting Procedures:
Spanco adheres to the standards of the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) for all product surface preparation. Prior to painting, all Spanco crane components are deburred and descaled using power tools equipped with sanding discs and wire wheels. Components are then washed utilizing a high-pressure/high temperature biodegradable degreaser solution. Parts are wiped clean and allowed to dry before the painting process. During painting, all components surfaces are coated with a quick drying, semi-gloss enamel, applied to a minimum dry-film thickness of 2 to 3 mils. A finishing coat is applied with a hot, airless, electrostatic spray paint system. Painted components are cured at air temperature.
The following guidelines for deflection and stress are followed by Spanco engineers during the crane design process:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: All models designed to L/450
- Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted Cantilever (300 Series) models designed to L/150, Freestanding (100, 101, and 102 Series), Mast Style (200 Series), and Wall-Mounted Bracket (301 Series) models design to L/450
- Workstation Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted (WC Series) models designed to L/225, Freestanding (FR Series) models designed to L/150
- Gantry Cranes: All steel series models to L/600, Aluminum models to L/450
Spanco, Inc. is an ISO 9001-2008 Registered corporation. This means that Spanco cranes are manufactured to standards ensuring safety, reliability, and the highest quality. Spanco, Inc.’s ISO designation also allows for continuous improvement based on customer feedback.
- Inspect entire system annually or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179. Inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not in any way designed for lifting, supporting, or transporting humans. Failure to follow specified load limitations can result in serious bodily injury or death.
- Inspect tripod for missing or broken parts before operating.
- Do not make adjustments when tripod is under load.