Wall-Mounted Jib Cranes
Crane Rotation: 200°
Spans: up to 30' standard; longer spans available
Capacities: up to 5 tons
Powered Rotation: available on new cranes or as a retrofit jib drive on 201 Series jibs only
Spanco Wall-Mounted Jib Cranes require no floor space and no special foundations. They quickly fold out of the way of large overhead cranes.
- Our Cantilever 300 Series Crane offers the greatest amount of clearance, both under and above the boom.
- Our most economical crane, the Tie Rod 301, has no support structure under the boom, so trolley hoists can travel virtually the full length of the boom.
300 Series Wall-Mounted Jib Cranes – Cantilever
- Full cantilever design.
- Transmits less direct force to building column than tie rod supported jibs.
301 Series Wall-Mounted Jib Cranes – Tie Rod Supported
- Wall bracket with tie rod supported boom.
- Design uses a standard I-beam and single tie rod to eliminate off-center loading problems.
Options for Spanco Wall-Mounted Jib Cranes
Wall Cantilever 300 Kits
- Customers can fabricate their own Wall Cantilever Jib Crane using the hinge components supplied by Spanco. All hardware for bolting the hinges to the jib is supplied.
Wall Bracket 301 Kits
- Wall bracket kits include all components except the I-beam, tie rod, and mounting hardware, which, if preferred, can be purchased locally.
- Top and bottom wall brackets utilize a formed steel channel, with two bronze bushings, bronze thrust washers, and formed tie rod clevises.
- All bolted connections are in double shear.
- All swivel connections have bronze bushings and grease fittings to ease rotation, promoting long life and low maintenance.
Products covered under the Ten-Year Warranty:
- Manual Steel Freestanding, Ceiling Mounted Workstation Bridge Cranes, and Monorails
- Manual Aluminum (Alu-Track®) Workstation Bridge Cranes and Monorails
- Manual Jib Cranes (I-Beam, Articulating, and Workstation Jib Cranes)
- Manual Gantry Cranes and Tripods
What the Ten-Year Warranty covers:
- Defects in equipment material and workmanship
- Wearable parts (workstation bridge crane end trucks and hoist trolley wheels only)
Spanco, Inc. warrants its manual workstation bridge crane products, jib crane products, and gantry crane products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years or 20,000 hours, commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail purchaser. This warranty extends to non-wearable parts only, with the exception of the wheels supplied on manually operated workstation end trucks and hoist trolleys. This warranty does not cover defective equipment or system failure caused by misuse, negligence, improper installation or maintenance, or equipment that has been used in excess of its rated capacity or beyond its service factors. It does not apply to equipment that has been altered without Spanco’s written authorization.
Written notice of any claimed system defect must be given to Spanco within thirty days of discovery. Spanco's obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of Spanco’s products at the factory or separate location approved by Spanco. The purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to equipment repair or replacement. Other than the abovementioned warranty, Spanco will not honor any other warranties—whether express, implied, or statutory—and disclaims any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Spanco is not liable—under any circumstances—for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including but not limited to lost profits, increased operating costs, or loss of production.
This warranty does not extend to components or accessories not manufactured by Spanco. The purchaser’s remedy for such components and accessories will be determined by the terms and conditions of any the warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All motorized Spanco products come with a One-Year Warranty on drive components.
General Design Standards:
Spanco cranes are designed in conformance with the following applicable standards:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and MMA MH27.2
- Gantry Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.2/D1.6, and CMAA 74
- Jib Cranes: AISC Steel Construction Manual, OSHA 1910.179, ANSI B30.11, AWS D1.1/D1.6, and CMAA 74
All Spanco cranes have a design factor of 15% of the allowable capacity for the weight of the hoist and 25% for impact.
All welding performed during the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the American Welding Society’s (AWS) D1.1/D1.2/D1.6 Standards.
Spanco, Inc. is officially certified as an AWS Certified Welding Fabricator (CWF). This means that not only are all welders AWS Certified, but all processes and procedures adhere to AWS CWF requirements. Examples of requirements include annual calibration of all welding machines and Level 2 visual inspections on all load-bearing components.
All steel used in the manufacturing of Spanco cranes meets the following applicable ASTM International specifications:
- Structural Steel Shapes: ASTM A-36
- Structural Steel Pipes: ASTM A-53
- Structural Steel Tubing: ASTM A-500
Steel plate and round bar used in Spanco cranes have minimum yield strengths of 36 KSI.
Surface Preparation & Painting Procedures:
Spanco adheres to the standards of the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) for all product surface preparation. Prior to painting, all Spanco crane components are deburred and descaled using power tools equipped with sanding discs and wire wheels. Components are then washed utilizing a high-pressure/high temperature biodegradable degreaser solution. Parts are wiped clean and allowed to dry before the painting process. During painting, all components surfaces are coated with a quick drying, semi-gloss enamel, applied to a minimum dry-film thickness of 2 to 3 mils. A finishing coat is applied with a hot, airless, electrostatic spray paint system. Painted components are cured at air temperature.
The following guidelines for deflection and stress are followed by Spanco engineers during the crane design process:
- Workstation Bridge Cranes: All models designed to L/450
- Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted Cantilever (300 Series) models designed to L/150, Freestanding (100, 101, and 102 Series), Mast Style (200 Series), and Wall-Mounted Bracket (301 Series) models design to L/450
- Workstation Jib Cranes: Wall-Mounted (WC Series) models designed to L/225, Freestanding (FR Series) models designed to L/150
- Gantry Cranes: All steel series models to L/600, Aluminum models to L/450
Spanco, Inc. is an ISO 9001-2008 Registered corporation. This means that Spanco cranes are manufactured to standards ensuring safety, reliability, and the highest quality. Spanco, Inc.’s ISO designation also allows for continuous improvement based on customer feedback.
- Inspect entire system annually or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179. Inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not in any way designed for lifting, supporting, or transporting humans. Failure to follow specified load limitations can result in serious bodily injury or death.
- The rated load of the hoist as marked on the hoist must not exceed the rated capacity of the jib as labeled on the boom. Do not install a hoist with a capacity greater than that of the jib.
- It is solely the customer’s responsibility to provide suitable mounting supports for the jib crane. Spanco recommends that the customer consult a qualified professional architect or engineer in your local area to determine the adequacy of the building support. There should be no deviation form the recommended foundation size or installation recommendations without first consulting a qualified professional. Failure to check this item can result in severe bodily injury or death.
- Do not impact end stops at speed.
- Do not use end stops for repetitive boom impacts.
- To prevent trolley from running off of the boom, do not operate crane without end stop bolt firmly secured in place on the end of the boom.